Saturday, September 23, 2006

I love a parade

It was about 33 when I left the house today at about 8 a.m. Rode down and met some other H.O.G. members to ride in the annual ISU Homecoming parade. My sister-in-law rode with me to throw candy. The parade is always a kick and it never ceases to amaze me how much people love our bikes. They cheer, point, bring their little ones over to see the bikes. They love the loud pipes and of course we love to rev the engines, do burnouts, show off in general. Down- side is that all of that slow stop-and-go makes the bike heat up and can be hard on clutches. By the end of the run I was backfiring a bit and the bike died on me about five times, overheated. Back to normal after the parade was over and we let them cool off. A real treat, this parade.. We're up to a toasty 48 degrees now. I may go for a long ride this afternoon.
Keep on keepin' on

No comments: