Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On the road again

I've been going through withdrawal while the bike was in the shop. Symptoms? Irritability, headache, general malaise, a real "dilligaf" attitude. Picked Blue up after work tonight and all is well. Of course today we never got out of the forties and that makes for damn chilly riding, but riding is riding and riding is good.

As the song says, "You don't know what you've got til its gone." Although Blue was only down for four days, I missed the ride. I love riding. I love the vibration, the sound, the feel of the handlebars as I accelerate, the smell of gasoline when I fill up, all of these things and more. Riding for me is very zen. I'm living in the moment, more aware of what is happening to me physically and mentally than at any other time. Riding alone, riding with friends; just riding, riding, riding. Sometimes I feel like I could, like I should, ride forever.

Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the spirit.

No comments: