Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday, 7/19

Hope you all had a happy "Ride to Work Day." Since I'm not working right now, I thought the least I could do was go on a nice ride for those of you who were on the job.

My friend Steve facilitated this by contacting me yesterday morning to see if I wanted to go for a ride.Off we went on a nice, seven hour, three-hundred mile cruise through the mountains that took usp up over 7400 feet and into another state. Great ride, great companionship made for a great day.

Hot clear weather and beautiful scenery did not allay my concerns about our lack of rain and the high fire danger in our part of the country. Several range fires burning hereabouts with no relief in sight from the "hot and dry" forecast.

HOG meeting tonight and then on Saturday the HOG ride to Jackson. Looking forward to that one. Always love a chance to ride to that beautiful part of the world.

No comments: