Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm behind, A ride, a poem, and more.

Computer was down for about a week and that put me somewhat behind. I could have used my computer at work, but I don't really like to do that so now I'm a bit behind. But I'm back now an I will get caught up.

Or maybe I won't. The 'indian summer" weather is holding, temps in the fifties, sunny and I love to ride in weather like this. Bundle up a bit and hit the road. The only thing that really keeps me off the bike is ice and snow and The Old Farmers Almanac says we're going to have a dry winter. My ski-bum friends and farmers will hate me for this but, I hope that forecast is accurate. I want to keep riding.

Speaking of which, I had a great ride yesterday, rumbling down some curving local backroads. Sunshine, cool temps, a nice ride which, not surprisingly, inspired a poem which I posted this morning on Songs of the Open Road for your enjoyment and my own therapy.

I ran across a guy on this ride who has just purchased a new Fat Boy and he was really enjoying himself; big grin on his face, his young son on the pillion, less than a hundred miles on the new bike. I still have a grin like that on my face and I hope you do too. I hope we don't lose it. That would be a pity; to start riding just for the transportation. You ride for the joy, and even a hard ride can be joyful. Get out there and put the wheels to the road. Ride for enlightenment. Ride for your soul.

No comments: