Sunday, February 11, 2007
Many thanks to Mike Odom's Blog for the first clue on this machine
How about a bike that changes from a cruiser to an enduro configuration, then to a chopper, then to a standard, all on the fly?
Quoting from the R-Bike home page:
A complete re-think of motorcycle design.
New Robotic ShapeShifting Motorcycle.
.... any ride, anytime .... shapeshifts on-the-fly.
1. Regular, Hemi or Diesel (750cc and 1000cc)
2. No rusting materials anywhere .... inside or out.
3. Extremely over-engineered to last as long as possible.
4. Variable length intake.
5. Variable length exhaust.
6. Multi-link suspension ON BOTH ENDS !
7. No chain tensioner needed.
8. Center of mass retained by shifting the engine.
9. Mimics shapes of each bike style precisely.
Shapeshifts from Chopper, Cruiser, Tourer, Enduro, Deep Woods.