Sunday, June 03, 2007

Leather, Chrome, and Steel


Leather, Chrome, and Steel

In Blackfoot, Idaho one night
He walked, lonely, out of a bar
A woman sat there on the curb
Strumming her big guitar

Is that your bike? she asked him,
I love leather, chrome and steel.”

Hop on, he said as he settled in.
I know just how you feel.

She swung that guitar across her back
And hopped onto his sled.
Where ya going? he asked as she got on board
Outta here, was all she said.

She wrapped her arms around him
They headed south to the Utah line.
He rode hard into the desert night
The big twin singing fine.

The finally pulled down off the road
He took out his old bedroll
And there beneath the desert stars
She did things that moved his soul.

The next morning when she shot him
As he lay bleeding in the sand
She looked into his fading eyes
She reached out and held his hand

I don’t like men, she told him
But I like leather, chrome and steel
My first old man was a biker
A no good, cheatin’ heel.

So I’ll take your bike, if you don’t mind.
But I’ll write for you a song.
About your love of ridin' in the wind
And all the women who done you wrong.

He closed his eyes and she rode off,
Left his body behind that hill.
She rode on south towards Mexico
I’ll bet she’s out there still

So. if some night you leave a bar
And lonely is how you feel,
Beware a woman with big guitar
Who loves leather, chrome, and steel

2007 Bill “uglicoyote” Davis


Other poems by uglicoyote

And the Thunder Rolls

The Road

Ride To Nirvana
Three Baiku

No comments: