Sunday, January 13, 2008

Riding season begins? Well, maybe not.

I hadn't ridden for almost a month and I was getting a bit crazy, going out to the garage and staring at my bike, sitting in the saddle and making motor noises.The streets have remained snow packed and icy since well before Christmas. On Thursday and Friday it warmed enough to melt most of that ice and on Saturday at about midday I rolled out and rode for a couple of hours. It was wonderful. Cold but satisfying. The temperature was about 30-31 degrees for most of the ride and when I hopped onto the interstate and climbed up to 70mph it was a "bracing" experience. With my insulated overhauls and boots I was fine. I was hoping to go longer today but, alas, more snow fell overnight and the streets are unsafe again. Sigh!

My goal is still to ride here in SE Idaho in all 12 months of the year. I need only to ride next month to reach that goal, but I still want to ride NOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling. Fortunately our weather has been somewhat cooperative up till now.